I started off by cutting the Tim Holtz window die and pediments die out of chipboard and painted them using distress paint. I then cut out the spider web using the Tim Holtz cobwebs die with black card stock and then glued a portion of it to the back of the window. Next, I glue a piece of clear packing material to the window. Using the Tim Holtz Halloween shadows die, I cut out the trick or theater’s with black cardstock and glued them behind the window. I then took some glue dots to add even more layers and placed the window over a piece of printed paper. The window has a lot of layers to it to give it dimensions and making it look 3d.
I cut the pumpkin from the Halloween shadows die with cardstock and took an ink blending tool and colored it with distress ink and then put a layer of glossy accents over it and sprinkled on some fine orange glitter. I then put a piece of cardstock behind the pumpkin which was colored with yellow distress ink. Also cut from the Halloween shadows die was the black cat.
The bat is also a Tim Holtz die which was cut from cardstock and colored with black soot distress ink and then I added black glitter. For the garland and “dirt” I got this idea from Tammy Tutterow by taking the Tim Holtz Holly, beaded, snowflake garland die and cutting out 3 of the bows and coloring them with distress ink and then stacking them onto another section of the garland. The “dirt” is some distress embossing powder I sprinkles over top of some glossy accents.
Next, I took a piece of a piece of a manila file folder and did the wrinkle free distress technique using Wild honey distress stain, ripe persimmon and spiced marmalade distress ink. After that was dried I embossed it with the Tim Holtz Halloween background texture fade and then took an ink blending tool and black soot distress stain and highlight the words. To finish this piece, I cut out a section from the Vintage Lace die using black glittered cardstock.
Finally, I took a canvas and painted it black and then took an ink blending tool with Pumice stone distress paint and one of the new Tim Holtz layering stencils to finish off the background. I am happy with how this turned out.